The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Saturday, April 23, 2011

NOTIONS...

It's dawn
Time to get my groove on
I know what ultimately turns you on
So leave me the f*** alone!

Did you see Jean?
She had cream on her jeans
And I wondered how they'd get cleaned
While she pretended to grin
In pretense that it wasn't such a big deal! (well, it was for me)

My friend tearfully narrated to me how
She watched a newborn
Writhe in pain at the hospital
and Oh!

Twas after being defiled
By a man in the name of 'daddy'

It brought me such sorrow
That we've ignored this morons
Who are encouraged to narrow us
Down to cunt hatred
That we fight each day!


That we let
Psychos in men
Rape the life out of us
Keep reminding us that
We are an endangered species
Because we will always carry out 'cunts'
Wherever we go!
By K8 Kamunde
All Rights Reserved




















No comments:

Post a Comment