The Performer

The Performer
Arty

Audre Lorde

I write for those women who do not speak, for those who do not have a voice because they were so terrified, because we are taught to respect fear more than ourselves. We've been taught that silence would save us, but it won't.

 

Saturday, April 23, 2011

BROKEN EVIL

I await you my love
My hands wide open
My pores are clogged from crying
The desperation of your leaving me
Do not keep me waiting much longer

I know loving you
Loving me
In this society is not easy
Mama wants you to get married
I’m looking to take you away and make you mine
But I have to beat the odds

The endless expectations
The men that keep lurking
To propose
It vexes me
That they have such guts
They should know I exist
But you won’t let me love you anymore

You have distanced yourself from me
My phone calls go unanswered
My messages thoroughly ignored
As I sit tensely and wait
Hopefully…
The clocks tick and I wait
Night falls, I wait
Dawn comes, I wait
Nothing!

Your hostility is beyond contempt
Your indifference painfully pierces me deep within
Leaves large black marks that I’m trying to clear
And yet
You don’t even care
You don’t take a minute to imagine what I am going through
While you sit in cafes’ and perch your laps on men’s waists
And dig up their crotch

Flirt and exchange evil stares
While you lie that you’re coming home to me!
I make us dinner and wait
It’s time to sleep
 I wait
You’re not even apologetic
You let me have this thoughts running
Through my mind
Call me ‘stupid’ coz you know I’m not
Tell your friends how bitchy your girlfriend is
While you know it is you that is
But I don’t put it to heart
Because I love you
Can’t you see?

By K8 Kamunde
All Rights Reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment